00-62-511-5911-738   | 00-62-821-1009-4658   | info@borneo-ecoadventure.com  

Borneo Wildlife Adventure I

Duration: 04 Days/03 Nights

Grade: Easy

wildlife tours, Borneo Wildlife AdventurePleihari Tanah Laut Wildlife Reserve comprises an area of 6,000 hectares in South Kalimantan province. Around 90% of the area is relatively flat and swampy. The remaining 10% is hilly with Gunung Tunggal as the highest peak (102m). The flat area consists of mangrove forest and freshwater swamp including swampy grasslands and swampy forest. Sandy beaches along the coast provide nesting sites for sea-turtles. This wildlife reserve is home to many species of bird such as variety of kingfishers, egrets, shorebirds, doves, and others. The area is also rich in mammals including clouded leopards, banded linsang, proboscis monkeys, long tail macaques, silvery langurs, wild boars, sambar and barking deers, and others mammals. It is supplemented by reptiles include the estuarine crocodiles, varanus monitor lizards, green and hawksbill turtles.

Day 01 ARRIVAL IN BANJARMASIN – TRADITIONAL DIAMOND DIGGING – PLEIHARI

Meet at airport and directly transfer to Cempaka vilage to explore people dig hole and take the material out to find rough diamond in a traditional diamond digging. Next, driving for about 1 hour to Bajuin forest to do a soft trekking into the waterfall and enjoying the beautiful of Meratus mountain from the hill. If we are lucky, we can meet troop of monkeys and species of birds on this trails. Afterwards, proceed to Pleihari town for check in to a local hotel. Lunch and dinner will be served on local restaurants. (L,D)

Day 02 PLEIHARI – PLEIHARI TANAH LAUT WILDLIFE RESERVE – BANJARMASIN

After breakfast, we will drive to Jorong sub-district to catch our boat to cross the romantic river for spotting crocodiles, proboscis monkeys, langurs, birds, and other wild animals. Arrive at the beach then we can do activities such as; exploring the fisherman daily life, sun bathing, fishing, or cooking together with the crew for a fish barbeque of the white sandy beach. In the afternoon, we will drive back to Banjarmasin crossing rice fields and beautiful landscape. Arrive in Banjarmasin and directly check in to hotel.  (B,L,D)

Day 03 FLOATING MARKET – JUMPUN PAMBELOM – PALANGKA RAYA

Early in the morning, we will leave to floating market to explore the unique culture of Banjarese that trade commodities from boat to boat, then return to hotel crossing Banjarmasin River while sightseeing people activities at riverside. We will then continue our trip by driving across the beautiful peat swamp forest landscape to reach Jumpun Pambelom for observing the reforestation project on the peat swamp area. If we are lucky, we can meet wild orangutan and other wild animals on this small forest. Next, visiting the Bukit Tangkiling Nature Reserve to hike up the hill enjoying beautiful view of plain and rivers from the top as well as the romantic sunset outlook. Afterwards, proceed to the hotel for overnight. (B,L,D)

Day 04 PALANGKA RAYA – ORANGUTAN ISLAND – AIRPORT

After breakfast, we will proceed to Tangkiling port for catching our motorized canoe to reach Orangutan Island while sightseeing the beautiful natural black river and rainforest around, just keep an eye out for monkeys and birds. Free at your own leisure till the proper time for transferring to Palangka Raya airport for your flight to next destination. (B)

Included:

  • AC land transportation
  • Motorized boats
  • Accommodation based on twin share:
    01 Night at local hotel in Pleihari
    01 Night at 3 stars hotel in Banjarmasin
    01 Night at local hotel in Palangka Raya
  • Entrance fee, donation & refreshments
  • English speaking guide
  • Meals as stated on program, indicated as (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: dinner)

Excluded:

  • Airfares
  • Airport taxes and extra baggage fees
  • Travel insurance
  • Expenses incurred due to Force Majeure
  • Personal expenses